INTERPRETATION GUIDE- SALES AND MANAGEMENT

This guide defines the values, attitudes and abilities being evaluated.


1.CONSISTENCY
Shows sincerity/ basic honesty in responding and tendency to manipulate others.
Average = Some tendency toward inconsistent responses. Some lack of straightforwardness relating to others.

Excellent = No distortion attempts or inconsistent behavior tendency towards others, such as manipulation.


2.MANAGERIAL SUCCESS
Composite picture of likelihood of success in managerial position.
Average = 45% probability of success in supervisory / lower management position. The other 55% are unlikely to succeed.

Excellent = 95% success probability in top-management.. The other 5% will make good upper- middle managers.


3.SALES SUCCESS
Composite picture of likely success in sales.
Average = 50% should succeed in retail or established accounts. 25% should succeed in opening new accounts. Overall, other weaknesses in items #10, #11, #12 and initiative, creativity &achievement motivation cause more than 70% to fail.

Excellent = Superior potential in all aspects of sales.


4.ENTREPRENEUR SUCCESS
Composite picture of likelihood of success in business.
Average = About 5% will succeed, 30% will have short term modest success and 65% would fail in their own business.

Excellent = About 95% should have at least moderate success. Less than 5% should fail.

Questions # 5&6 were validated specifically for the company shown. They are of value if you reasonably expect your standards are likely similar.


5.SPECIFIC COMPANY MANAGERIAL SUCCESS
Developed specifically for this company per their standards.
Fair = Unlikely to succeed in managerial position.

Excellent = 80% should succeed upper-management,20% upper-middle management.


6.SPECIFIC COMPANY SALES SUCCESS
Developed specifically for this company per their standards.
Fair = Sales success is unlikely.

Excellent = 95% probability of success. The other 5% should be moderately successful.


7.DECISION STRENGTH
Ability to make decisions, believe in them, act on them and make things happen.
Weakness = Unlikely to succeed as executive decision maker. More comfortable for you to support plans of others.

Strength = Likely to perform in executive or chief executive decision making role.

8.CONCEPTUAL STRENGTH
Ability to reason and think big picture, the whole. See how all the parts interact.
Weakness = Concentrates on individual piece and loses sight of the big picture.

Strength = Comprehends relationship of parts to the whole and visualizes the whole picture.


9.INTERPERSONAL STRENGTH
Ability to work well and get along with others. Also considers one’s belief in their ability to handle the future, one’s self- pity level, friendship skills and personal stress.
Weakness = Poor to fair ability to get along with others. Trouble valuing others for who they are.

Strength = Retains assertiveness while winning friends.


10.MANAGERIAL POISE
Level of comfort and poise in managerial level social settings.
Weakness= Generally uncomfortable. Unlikely to speak up in meetings unless highly motivated by an issue.

Strength = Comfortable in almost all management situations. Good self confidence and interaction skills.


11.SALES CALL INITIATIVE
Inclination to setup appointments, get up and get out, call on clients and customers.
Weakness = Most likely to plan and organize how to make sales calls than actually make them.

Strength = Likely to make good number of calls.


12.SALES CLOSE STRENGTH
Knowing when customer is ready to buy, level of persuasiveness and ability to close.
Weakness = Won’t close many sales. Not enough self confidence for others to want to buy from.

Strength = Will probably close a high percentage.


13.SALES POISE
Level of comfort and poise in sales social setting, enjoyment of social interactions..
Weakness = Generally uncomfortable in most social, sales related situations. Likely to be intimidated.

Strength = Good to excellent poise in almost all situations.


14. PERSISTENCE
Ability to stay with task and see it through. Maintain performance levels long term.
Weakness = Likely to fail. Problems include personal anxieties, flexibility and accepting strengths & limitations.

Strength = High probability of success at levels indicated.


15.ACHIEVEMENT MOTIVATION
Confidence to compete and achieve, future success expectations.
Weakness = Generally lacks sufficient motivation to succeed in sales, management or entrepreneurial pursuits. .

Strength = High achievement likely unless personal anxieties (#35) are a disruptive problem.


16.POWER MOTIVATION
Directing & controlling others for organizational objectives. Not personal power.
Weakness = Unlikely to succeed. Difficulty understanding success depends on individuals in the organization.

Strength = Strong institutional power concepts. An organization builder.


17.AFFILIATION MOTIVATION
The need to be liked, have people happy, avoid conflict. Can be counterproductive.
Weakness = Has high need to be liked, have everyone happy. Leads to disrespect and job failure.

Strength = Low need for affiliation. Keeps organizational priorities in good perspective.


18.JUDGMENT
Ability to reach correct decisions and how others perceive and respect them..
Weakness = Doubts his/her own judgment and believes others around doubt them as well.

Strength = You and others believe in your judgment, logic and reasoning.


19.INITIATIVE
One’s desire to get started and take action without waiting for direction from others.
Weakness = Prefers to use “Standard Operating Procedures” for safety.

Strength = You see what needs to be done and proceed to take the necessary action.


20.LEADERSHIP
How well one sees oneself as a leader in relation to how others see that leadership.
Weakness = Difficulty with confidence in others. Doesn’t stimulate, foster development, encourage growth.

Strength = Develops subordinates, shows confidence in them.


21.CREATIVITY
How you see your ability to create better ways and be innovative in work problems.
Weakness = Poor to fair. No innovative solutions. Reluctant to try new things.

Strength = Not afraid to question things and seek innovative methods.


22.PLANNING
How well one plans objectives, persistently follows through & has faith in results.
Weakness = Poor to fair. One can’t layout a step by step plan if they don’t know where they want to go.

Strength = Sets realistic objectives with appropriate and logical milestones.


23.ORGANIZING
One’s ability to visualize goal and prioritize tasks, coordinate resources effectively.
Weakness = Poor to fair. Tendency to be disorganized. Difficulty thinking through all parts and pieces to goal.

Strength = Things are where they should he, in order and accessible so you’re free to take appropriate action.


24.DIRECTING
One’s ability to lead, provide direction and guide all to accomplishment.
Weakness = Poor to fair directing abilities. Self confidence, clear sense of purpose. Fair to good.

Strength = You are aware others participate in accomplishment and you’re able to respect their abilities.


25.CONTROLLING
Ability to influence actions of others.
Weakness = Poor to fair ability to see objective clearly, communicate it well to all, monitor progress and take corrective actions as necessary .

Strength = Good to excellent abilities.


26.ENERGY AND DRIVE
How much effort one makes in relation to level of procrastination.
Weakness = Poor to fair. Their energy & drive is not directed towards work objectives.

Strength = Strong drive, tends to not waste energy procrastinating.


27.DELEGATING
Ability, willingness to delegate to subordinates. Depend on them, be willing to train.
Weakness= Prefers to do things by themselves for correctness. Not inclined to take the time to train subordinates. This decreases the effectiveness of an organization.

Strength = Delegates well, develops subordinates.


28.SELF-DIRECTION
Ability to work well without guidance of supervisor. The degree of independence.
Weakness = Prefers situations that are relatively “certain,.” and have the guidance of others.

Strength = Confidence in abilities leads to general success.


29.OVER-ALL EFFECTIVENESS
Ability to do the right thing .Includes effects of weakness in stress tolerance and people skills.
Weakness = Poor to fair success probability. Overall ability compromised by stress and other issues.

Strength = Good to excellent effectiveness.


30.JOB SATISFACTION
General job satisfaction, confidence in future with job., amount of stress perceived.
Weakness = trouble achieving objectives. Often result of failure to concentrate, fulfill objectives or stress.

Strength = Satisfied with what he/she does or is doing.


31.JOB RETENTION
Likelihood of remaining with present job.
Weakness = Not likely to remain at present job or present employer for any length of time.

Strength = Likely to remain as presently, unless a critical factor changes.


32.ATTENTION TO DETAIL
The extent to which one will pay attention to and monitor details of their job.
Weakness = Little interest in the details of a job.

Strength = Recognize importance of details and monitors well.


33.AMBIGUITY TOLERANCE
Ability to work under uncertainty, lacking guidelines while still feeling comfortable.
Weakness = Uncomfortable in unstructured situations or where expectations are unclear.

Strength = Fair to good.


34.FLEXIBILITY
How well one adapts to new situations and roles.
Weakness = Uncomfortable with change. Hard to adapt to new situations.

Strength = Comfortable with changes and new roles.

35.ANXIETY/GUILT FEELINGS
This reflects the difference between Potential and Effective use of that potential.
Weakness = Excessive anxiety or guilt Often from personal life but affects job performance.

Strength = Fear of failure is not a problem nor anxieties from personal or job situations.


36.ETHICAL ISSUES
How one responds to issues requiring ethical judgments.
Weakness = Not often straight with others in organization and poor ethically right vs. wrong decisions.

Strength = Good to excellent ethics.


37.RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY
Reflects one’s attitude towards authority. “R” moves to right, “L” to left).
Weakness = Lack of respect. Thinks they and their opinions are better. Possibly resentment from other issues.

“L” Code = Fear of authority. Anxiety/guilt has caused overly obedient, afraid to think independently.


38.SELF ACCEPTANCE
How one sees their accomplishments compared to how others see them. ( “R” moves to right, “L” to left)
Weakness = Others think more of your abilities and achievements than you do. You are underrating yourself.

“L” Code = Overly self accepting. Thinks more of accomplishments than others do or is warranted by reality.


39.REGARD FOR SELF and OTHERS
How one thinks of others and one’s self in regard to felt anxiety issues.
Weakness = With #38 score” strength ” or “L”, your low regard is for others. If not, it’s for yourself, also.

Strength score with more than 5 stars = Distorted response. Overcompensating for real/ imagined inadequacies.


40.STRESS TOLERANCE
Considers job, family and health stress. One’s overall ability to handle stress.
Weakness = Stress likely to interfere with job performance and abilities.

Strength = Managed well.


41.JOB STRESS
Stress felt from present job or work situation.
Weakness = Need to make changes in routine. Set attainable objectives to reduce stress.

Strength = Handles job easily and accurately.


42.PERSONAL/FAMILY STRESS
Ability to deal with stress from personal or family situations.
Weakness = You perceive yourself under great stress. Uncorrected, this will compromise your success.

Strength = Personal/family affairs are managed well.


43.HEALTH STRESS
Relates to stress from actual or perceived health conditions.
Weakness = If ignored, this stress, also will compromise work and personal success.

Strength = Believes in good health.


44.INCOME EXPECTATIONS
Pertains to one’s perceived future income expectations.
Weakness = Generally reflects less than adequate view of abilities and job related worth. Not positive self worth. .

Strength = Believes is capable of achieving high future income.

Back